Cashew cream is one of my favorite secret ingredients. It can be substituted for any recipe with regular cream and it’ll still have an indulgent feel without the heavy dairy. It’s easy to make as long as you have a Vitamix blender available. I always keep a cup of cashew cream on hand!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cover cashews with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl. Set aside at room temperature for 2 hours or overnight. The cashews are ready when they break apart when you press them together.
- Drain the cashews and add them to the Vitamix with 1/2 cup of water. Blend on high with salt for about 3 minutes or until it's completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the Vitamix and blend again for a minute.
- Use the cashew cream right away or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.