This creamy fall risotto with butternut squash, Parmigiano Reggiano and thyme is so comforting and delicious. Serve it at your next dinner party and you’ll be a hero. 😉
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 sprigs thyme, pulled from stem
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 1/2 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle cubed squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast for 30 minutes or until caramelized.
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan, cover, and bring to a simmer.
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add risotto, mix to coat with butter, and cook for about 1 minute to lightly toast the rice.
- Add thyme and toss to coat. Deglaze with wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add two ladles of stock and keep stirring until the liquid evaporates. Add more stock and keep repeating the process until the rice is cooked through but still has a slight bite to it.
- Remove pot from heat and add in parm and squash. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy right away. :)