- Prep Time: 45m
- Total Time: 45m
- Serves: 8 people
- Yield: 1 cake
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 packages organic firm silken (260g pkgs)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 shot of espresso
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans, and sugar until it becomes fine.
- Add the salt, chipotle powder, and coconut oil
- Pulse to combine well. Here the coconut oil will act as the glue to the crust.
- Press and shape nut crust into the bottom pie shell.
Espresso Chocolate Filling
- Melt the chocolate using a standard double boiler method, or using a microwave.
- In a food processor, add the tofu, vanilla, espresso shot, sea salt and the melted chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell
- Chill in the fridge for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Garnish with raspberry, or any fruit in season.
- Slice and Enjoy!!