The walnuts in this salad give you protein and Omega-3s, the greens give you all of that great fiber, potassium, and vitamins that most think can only come from citrus fruits! Treat yourself to this tasty green treat!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- A few thin slices of red onion
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, roughly torn
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- In a small skillet combine the walnuts and maple syrup. Cook over medium-low heat until the syrup starts to bubble, and then continue cooking another minute. Pour candied walnuts into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the red onion, radishes, fennel, and lettuce. Season with the black pepper to taste. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon over the salad. Toss well.
- Plate the salad on individual plates and top with the candied walnuts.