For a tart and sweet treat, give these Meyer lemon bars with ginger a try! It’s prime citrus season!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 55m
- Yield: 12-15 bars
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Beat at medium speed until everything is well blended. Pat mixture into the prepared 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine 2 cups sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice, grated ginger and butter; beat well. Add candied ginger. Pour mixture over the warm crust.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool it down and put in the refrigerator to chill completely. Sift the powdered sugar on top before serving!