Don’t you love a recipe that’s so simple? And you can make it ahead of time to serve big groups—or just to have enough in your fridge to get you through a cold snap.
Mulled Apple Cider Wine is so fragrant that it’ll leave your whole home in the perfect state for a big party, a small gathering, or just a little cuddle time with the one you love.
Mulled wine can be made 3-4 hrs ahead; cover and store at room temperature, or chill up to 3 days. Rewarm over medium-low heat before serving.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 25m
- 1 bottle juicy light red wine, such as Beaujolais
- 4 ounces brandy
- 2 cups fresh apple cider
- 2 star anise pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks; plus 6 more for serving (optional)
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Bring wine, brandy, apple cider, star anise, cloves, and 2 cinnamon sticks to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the juice of one orange. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ﬂavors are infused, about 15 minutes.
- Divide among mugs, garnish with 6 cinnamon sticks and orange rind. Serve in mugs or coffee cups