The Peanut Dressing may be made in advance–it will only enhance the depth of the garlic and ginger!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 asparagus spears, angle-cut into 2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 packages of Shirataki noodles (you can substitute with 9 oz of regular pasta)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- Peanut Sauce
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 3/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook uncovered about 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Transfer the broccoli with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water.
- Bring the pot of water back to a boil and add the asparagus. Cook 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Add to the bowl of ice water. When the vegetables are cool, drain them and pat dry.
- Bring a new pot of water to a boil and follow the cooking instructions on your noodle package. Cook just until al dente. Drain well and toss in a bowl with the sesame oil.
- Add the peanut dressing, broccoli, and asparagus to the bowl with the noodles. Toss well. This dish will keep well at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Spread the cabbage out on a serving platter and top with the noodles.
- Garnish with the scallions, peanuts, and cilantro.