Springtime to me means light and fresh vegetables in all kinds of delicious forms! I love pairing leeks and asparagus together and especially in this soup. This recipe couldn’t be easier. This bright soup is perfect for lunch or dinner with the nutty, dairy-free addition of cashew cream. The vegan cream gives it just the right amount of silky smooth texture. You’ll love this healthy dish and I can guarantee you’ll be hooked on the cashew cream!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: 2
- Category: Soup
- 1 cup white and pale green part of leek, finely chopped and washed well
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoons dill, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup cashew cream
- 1 toasted baguette for dipping (optional)
- In a saucepan, cook the leek and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the leek is softened.
- Add in asparagus, broth and 2 tablespoons dill. Simmer mixture, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until asparagus is very tender.
- Purée two-thirds of the mixture in the Vitamix until it is very smooth.
- Stir the purée into the mixture remaining in the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve your soup with a garnish of dill a tablespoon of cashew cream.