Zesty Blueberry Panna Cotta With Coconut And Macadamia Nuts
Is there anything you can’t do with panna cotta? It’s so simple, yet so sexy and sophisticated at the same time. The year-round Italian favorite can be anything from tangy to sweet to savory. I love my panna cotta with a little bit of crunch to contrast that silky smooth texture.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roasted
- 4 cups heavy cream
- limes, peeled and juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- package gelatin
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees. Place macadamia nuts on a sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and save for later.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, warm the heavy cream with sugar, lime juice and lime peel until sugar is dissolved. Make sure you remove the cream from the heat right before it boils.
- While the cream is heating, in a small bowl, pour gelatin packets over 6 tablespoons of water. Let gelatin mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Once you remove the cream from the heat, add in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the warmed cream mixture over the gelatin mixture and whisk until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Mix in the blueberries.
- Pour the creamy mixture into oiled ramekins or molds and let it chill in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours.
- While the panna cotta is chilling, mix together the powdered sugar, chopped macadamia nuts and shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Once the panna cotta mixture is fully chilled, loosen the mixture around the sides with a knife and carefully unmold the panna cotta onto a serving plate. Top each serving with the mixture of sugar, macadamia nuts and coconut. Serve and enjoy!